Tuesday 2 February 2016

Getting Fit in 2016


So this week I am stepping up my Instagram and Pinterest game, if you want to follow me, my links are in the side bar and direct links here and here. Although I am not really sure on how to use Pinterest very well, so if you have any advice or blogposts about it please leave it in the comments section for me to read. Today I wanted to show you an outfit that I wore to work, with much discussion with my friend - Jessica The Northener  we decided that not many people post about clothes that they wear to work, if you do please leave your link below. In this I am wearing a green wrap over  bodycon dress from Topshop and black Chelsea boots, similar here. I realise this is not the most fashionable of outfits but it is quick to put together and comfortable to wear in the office. 


As you will know I have been trying to workout five to six times a week as part of wanting to get fit again in 2016. At the moment due to work commitments I find it easier to workout in the evenings on a weekday. My favourite time to workout is in the morning so on a Saturday if I haven't been too lazy I will work out in the morning. I feel a lot more energised this way, but if I did this during the week I would have to wake up around 5 and that is way too early for me. I am following Lucy's fitness plan and I love it as it never takes me longer than twenty minutes to complete the workout, which is good when you are trying to fit in so much after work. Having to transform my bedroom into a gym isn't easy, and so far all I do is put on some music, (if you have any speaker suggestions, please leave them below) I also need to invest in a mat, which sort would you recommend, a particular amount of mm? I find that HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is the best sort for me, I have a problem with getting bored of the workouts too easily and these aren't long enough for me to get bored, it is easy to fit into my schedule, you burn more fat and you'll build a healthier heart. I'd highly recommend doing a Hiit workout as you don't have to join a gym, you can do it all from the comfort of your own home. I know I always link her in my Fitness Friday posts, but Lucy's channel has loads of videos you can try out here and she also has a workout calender for beginners and intermediates, I am doing the intermediate one at the moment. I would highly recommend. 

Hope you are going to get fit with me in 2016!

See you soon!

Jess
x




6 comments:

  1. You're already looking fantastic! But I also get that it isn't always about how we look on the outside, we need to be healthy on the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you so much. Yes eating well and exercising makes me feel so much better about myself.

      Delete
  2. I love your work outfit! I've been trying to work out five times a week as well, alternating body weight training with yoga. Not quite as hardcore as you! Like you twenty minutes is about as much as I have time for but I think little and often works really well. x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah I dont feel like I am hardcore but thanks :) x

      Delete
  3. You look amazing! I really need to up my fitness game! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you so much. I think it can be hard to get into fitness but once you have its easy to keep going.

      Delete