Thursday 4 February 2016

Zoella Beauty: Kissy Missy Lip Balm Review


Some I know this may come as a shock to you, especially hardcore dedictaed YouTube fans, this is the first Zoella beauty product I have ever tried, although I was intrigued by the line when it came out I didn't actually go and purchase anything, mostly due to the swarms of young girls in front of the counter, but one weekend just before Christmas I was feeling spendy so I bought this along with a couple of other things including the Tanya Burr Nail Polish in Duvet Day. 


Although I haven't heard a lot about this product beforehand I didn't really mind with a small price tag of £3 it wasn't going to break the bank. The packaging I must say is adorable although kind of appeals to a younger audience, I mean it doesn't look the most sophisticated when you are getting it out of your work bag. 

This lip balm is part of the Tutti Frutti Collection, when I saw Zoella explaining it on her channel I imagined it to smell similar to the Estee Lauder Bronze Godess perfume, I don't know why I just did. Just to warn you, it doesn't. I don't really know what it smells of but I am not the biggest fan.

Now on to the actual lip balm, when I applied this to the lips it didn't feel very moisturising, it almost felt a bit greasy on the lips. Although I do have to admit it does give a good colour, so if you are looking for a lip gloss, this may be for you. For me personally, however, when I am applying a lip balm I want my lips to feel extra nourished and not greasy and chapped. 

I weary to give this a bad review, as Zoella is one of my idols and I have been following her for six years now. (I think). But this product is just not for me. 

See you soon. 

Jess

2 comments:

  1. Oh no what a shame. I tried her bath bombs and I really wasn't impressed but I'm guessing I'm about 10 years too old haha xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I feel that her products are more aimed at younger teens who maybe aren't looking for the best quality products. xx

      Delete