Wednesday 2 December 2015

Get the Glow Makeup

Hi,

Over recent months I have been trying to get more of a glowy dewier look. I used to be all about the matte look but I think that can look a bit cakey and not very natural. I think the glow inducing make up looks a lot more natural for day time. There is however, a fine line between glowy and greasy looking, the latter is much more undesirable.

The key to not looking greasy and shiny which is hard when your skin is prone to being oily is choosing the right products. I think that the selection I have chosen in this post will help to create the perfect glowy makeup without looking like you have gone overboard.

A product that I have not heard much about but is one of my faves is Soap and Glory Hocus Focus. This is a multi purpose product that can be used as a primer or as a highlighter or sometimes I even use it as an eyeshadow base. I usually use this product as a primer before my foundation as it brings a lovely glow to the face which lasts all day long.

The next products are essential for getting the glow and that is the perfect base. My number one fave at the moment is the Bourjois 123 CC cream, although this is a CC cream it gives a decent amount of coverage for a CC cream and gives the perfect amount of radiance from within. This is one is perfect for people who maybe have a more oily skin as it will not look too greasy. Another one of my faves but has to be reserved for when my skin is a bit more dry is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, this foundation is very glowy and can look a bit overboard on my skin if I do not powder. Again this is a foundation that has a medium coverage and can be built up to create more if you want to, I think it definitely gives a look of your skin but better. The only problem I find with it is that it oxidises on the skin so bare this in mind when picking it up.

Next up is brightening the under eyes, not only does this help to hide those bags from that late night you had last night but can also help to make you look more glowy. If I want to achieve this look I will use a combination of two concealers, one for concealing and one for brightening. One concealer that I like to use to conceal is the L'oreal True Match Concealer, this is very good at hiding any colour under my eyes. Next I would go in with a highlighting concealer, although I said in one of my last posts (here) that I was not a big fan of the YSL Touche Eclat, this is the only one I have at the moment but any other drugstore alternative will do.

For a more luminous look, I find that a cream bronzer really helps. Due to it being cream in formulation it is much more natural than a powder bronzer and is also a lot easier to blend than a powder one too. My fave is the Bourjois Bronzing Primer although it looks quite orange toned in the pot once blended out it looks beautiful. Also along the same lines of a cream bronzer is a cream blush, this has the same benefits as a a cream bronzer but obviously in blusher form.My favourite is Barry M Make Me Blush Cream which comes in handy stock form and I blend it out with a stippling brush.

Now on to the main part of the show the highlighters, I have not yet decided what my favourite type of highlighter is but when I go to pick a highlighter to wear there are two that I always gravitate towards are both warm in tone. One of them is the Soap and Glory Glow All Out Powder, this is a pink toned highlighter that once applied to the skin due to my pink undertone looks incredibly natural. It does not have any chunks of glitter in so is virtually undetectable on the skin apart from the lovely glow you have. My other highlighter choice is this Topshop Glow pot as this is a cream product as well, combined with all the other cream products makes for a very natural looking glossy sheen to the skin.

Now on to the final step for the base powder. Being a person who tends to have much more oily skin it is essential for me to powder to make sure I don't go from luminous to sweaty mess. I also tend to take my powder with me just in case of emergencies. My fave at the moment is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Powder  it doesn't make you look cakey it just keeps the oil at bay but doesn't make your lovely glow that you have achieved from the rest of the products disappear. I don't know how it manages it but Bourjois have done a good job with this powder and I will continue to purchase it forever. (maybe :p)

What makeup do you use to get a glow?

See you tomorrow!

Jess
x


4 comments:

  1. I think you're the first person I've heard of NOT liking YSL Touche Eclat! I definitely agree that a dewy look is better than matte also.

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont not like it it is just that it is so expensive for what it is when there are good drugstore alternatives :)

      Delete
  2. So many glowing products which I haven't tried out here!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably my top pick for achieving the look is the soap and glor primer or a highlighting concealer :)

      Delete